How safe for you to take guarana during pregnancy?

guarana during pregnancy

Taking guarana can help boost your energy but can you still take guarana during your pregnancy at all?

What is guarana?

Guarana contains caffeine. Caffeine works by stimulating the central nervous systemheart, and muscles. Guarana also contains theophylline and theobromine, which are chemicals similar to caffeine.

Guarana benefits:

  1. High in antioxidants

  2. Can reduce fatigue and improve focus

  3. May help you learn better

  4. May promote weight loss

  5. May relieve chronic diarrhea and treat constipation

  6. May boost heart health

  7. May provide pain relief

  8. May improve skin appearance

  9. May have anti-cancer properties

  10. Has antibacterial properties

  11. May protect against eye-related disorders

Today, 70% of guarana produced is used by the beverage industry in soft and energy drinks, while the remaining 30% is turned into powder as supplements.

Now let’s dig into whether you can take guarana during pregnancy or not!

Is it safe for you to take guarana during pregnancy?

If you are pregnant, guarana should be taken with caution due to its caffeine content. Small amounts are probably not harmful. However, taking guarana in high doses by mouth is possibly unsafe. Consuming more than 300 mg of caffeine daily has been linked to an increased risk of miscarriage and other negative effects.

 

Select your currency
MYRMalaysian ringgit