Not taking care properly of your oily skin can cause more skin issues. Get to know more about what you can and cannot do when having them.
So first, what oily skin looks like?
- Shiny and often has breakouts
- Less visible wrinkles
- Visible and enlarged-looking pores
- Makeup may wear off easily
Is having oily skin good?
Although it can clog pores and lead to increased acne breakouts, it also has many benefits. Oil helps preserve the skin, and it tends to have thicker skin and fewer wrinkles. The key is to strike a balance between having too much oil and maintaining your skin’s natural moisture.
What you should avoid in products:
- Occlusives like petroleum jelly
- Face oils like coconut oil
- Alcohol-based products
- Rough physical scrubs
- Silicones like dimethicone
- Artificial dyes
- Algae extracts
- Isopropyl myristate
- Occlusive emollients
Do this to help control the oil:
- DO wash your face every morning, evening, and after exercise.
- DO choose skin care products that are labeled “oil-free” and “non-comedogenic.
- DO use a gentle, foaming face wash.
- DO apply moisturizer daily.
- DO wear sunscreen outdoors.
- DO choose oil-free, water-based makeup.
- DO use blotting papers throughout the day.
- Take supplements to balance back skin pH levels.
In simple words, you need to balance the oil levels and keep acne breakouts away. I would recommend you take supplements as they will help treat from the inside and make the skincare products you apply for work more effectively. Try this and see how it helps you and don’t forget to share with me in the comment section down below. Much love 😘