Oily skin is one of the four main skin types and plays a significant role in causing acne. Though it’s easy to link acne and pimples with oily skin, how do you know whether your oily skin is the cause of pimples? We’ll discuss it today!
Let’s learn how oily skin can cause pimples and the relation between acne and various skin types.
Will Oily Skin Cause Pimples?
Oily skin is one of the most critical factors that cause acne breakout but in combination with other components like pollution, hormones, bacteria, etc.
One reason for breakouts on oily skin is when smaller skin pores excrete dust and sweat. At the same time, the excess sebum production clogs the pores and gets infected with bacteria that causes inflammation and results in pimples.
Oily skin produces oil (sebum) in excess which keeps your skin soft and lubricated. However, if you don’t control the excess oil, it will lead to acne. So it is important to maintain a balance between having too much oil skin and keeping your skin naturally moisturized.
Other causes of pimples on your oily skin may include menopause, puberty, pregnancy, and the menstrual cycle. Environmental factors or poor skin hygiene /routine can also block skin pores, thus causing pimples.
What to do To Prevent Pimples on Oily Skin
Here are a few expert tips to control oily skin pimples and acne breakouts.
- Stop picking or popping your pimples.
- Avoid harsh scrubbing.
- Stop using oil-based face wash or cleanser.
- Do not touch your face unnecessarily.
- Do not sleep wearing makeup. Always wipe off all the makeup before going to bed.
- Do not rub the blotting paper all over your face, as it will spread the oil to other areas. Gently press the paper against your skin and leave it on for a few seconds; it will absorb the excess oil.
- Stay hydrated.
- Wash your face regularly (ideally twice a day), especially after exercise.
- Use oil-free or water-based cosmetic products.
- Use a moisturizer daily.
- Use foaming face wash.
- Use blotting papers all day long if you work outside.
- Always wear sunscreens when going out.
- Wash your pillowcase and bedsheets, and everything that comes in contact with your face. For instance, if your hair produces oil, try to wash them regularly and keep them away from your face.
Try Oily-Skin Friendly Multivitamin- Diamond Glow
Diamond Glow is a tested and certified multivitamin supplement, designed to help people with oily skin to control the oil, restore collagen, reduce wrinkles, and treat acne or other skin conditions. You’ll get more glowing, clearer, softer, and healthier skin. The supplement also helps boost your immunity and helps balance hormones.
Click here to learn more about Diamond Glow or place an order. Use coupon code UNLEASHYOURPECHE at checkout to get an exclusive discount of 15% on your purchase of Diamond Glow.