There are two types of acne. First, that causes mild irritation such as whiteheads or blackheads. And the second type is big hard pimples that take weeks and months to disappear, and are very painful as well. This type of acne is also called cysts or papules. According to Joshua Zeichner, M.D., director of cosmetic and clinical research in dermatology, these types of breakouts often extend deeper in the skin.
In this article, we will discuss painful acne types, causes, and their prevention.
Causes of Painful Acne
Many factors are involved in the formation and growth of painful acne, such as:
1. Too much oily skin: Chances of developing a hard pimple increase when a person’s body makes a lot of sebum (oily liquid). The sebum causes the dead skin cells to stick together and block the pores.
2. Bacteria: When a pore gets clogged by sebum and dead skin cells, it becomes very easy for bacteria to enter the skin and cause acne.
3. Hormonal changes: The increased level of testosterone in women and men also cause the increased production of oil (sebum). It often occurs during puberty.
4. Medications: If you are on medication, this might cause acne.
5. Genes: Maybe painful acne runs in your family.
For those who already have acne breakouts, the following can make their acne worse:
- Rubbing the affected area
- Popping or squeezing the pimple
- Rough scrubbing across the affected area
Types of Painful Acne
A pimple could be painful or painless. Here are some types of acne that could be mild to very painful.
- Papules: It happens when an infected follicle is present near the surface of the skin. It can be painful when you touch it.
- Nodules: Usually a hard pimple that can be large and very painful. It often develops when the infected skin pore extends deep into the skin surface.
- Cysts are formed deep under the skin when a pus-filled membrane grows around the infection. They often cause scars.
Whatever the acne type and reason behind your painful acne, you can always take some preventive measures to reduce the pain and keep acne from appearing again on your skin.
- Try to wash your hair regularly, especially if you have oily hair. Moreover, keep your hair away from your face and tie it back. This will help reduce the pimple’s frequency and severity.
- Wash your face regularly with a gentle cleanser. This will keep the pores open, prevent the formation of dead skin cells, and help keep bacteria away from the skin.
- Do not touch your face as frequent touching will spread dirt or oil on the face and cause flare-ups.
Take Multivitamins to Get Rid of Acne
Peche brings Diamond Glow, a multivitamin that contains vitamin A, B, C, E, and other minerals to help fight acne and get glowing skin in a few weeks. Click here to learn more about Diamond Glow or order the supplement. Use the coupon code UNLEASHYOURPECHE at checkout to get 15% off on the purchase of the product.