I recently suffered from the symptoms of the 4th wave of coronavirus and it took a toll on my immunity and mental health. I suffered from mild to high fever, diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, cough, fatigue, muscle pain, and severe headaches which made me feel extremely weak. I am slowly recovering now as I started to take care of my body and mind by maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle.
So, whether you’re suffering from the covid-19 symptoms or not, make sure to exercise these tips to achieve a healthy body and strong mind amidst the pandemic.
Eat Fresh and Organic Food
Healthy nutrition is crucial for a healthy body, and it’s even more crucial to eat healthy during the pandemic to keep your immune system strong.
So, you want to make sure to:
- Consume plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables to get enough fibre.
- Eat nuts, legumes, seeds, and whole grains such as unprocessed oats, brown rice, maize, taro, yam, and millet, etc.
- Eat dairy products and seafood such as eggs, meat, yogurt, milk, and fish.
- You can also eat frozen fruit and vegetables as they are equally nutritious as fresh food.
- Fresh fruit juice is also recommended as it contains a nutritious blend. Get this portable blender to prepare juice in no time.
- Cook your food thoroughly but don’t overcook it as it will result in nutrients loss.
- Soup intake is also recommended as it may help with nausea and respiratory symptoms.
What to avoid:
- Limit salt intake; it shouldn’t exceed 5g per day as recommended by WHO. If you’re eating frozen or canned food, make sure it doesn’t contain high levels of salt.
- Avoid junk and processed food because your body needs a healthy diet right now.
- WHO recommends limiting sugar intake. You can alternatively eat fresh fruit and dry fruit with no added sugar.
- Limit fat intake; opt for unsaturated oils such as sunflower or olive oil to cook the food. Or opt for cooking methods that require less or no fat.
Drink Lots of Fluids
You need to keep your body hydrated, specifically if you are experiencing coronavirus symptoms. Dehydration will make you feel more tired, exhausted, and you may find it difficult to focus on tasks.
So, make sure to:
- Drink plenty of water. You can also add some fruit or barriers to enhance its taste.
- Besides water, you can consume fruits that contain water such as lemon, watermelon, and oranges.
- Black tea with honey will help soothe coughing
What to avoid:
Limit intake of caffeinated beverages such as strong coffee or tea, soft drinks, and energy drinks as it leads to dehydration. You also want to avoid alcohol consumption.
Make sure to exercise regularly and move your body more as it helps improve mood, reduces anxiety, and boosts the immune system.
It is better to go outdoors and enjoy activities like walking, running, gardening, and biking. Make sure to soak some sunshine when outdoors to meet your body’s vitamin D needs.
If you can’t spare time to go outdoors, then enjoy indoor exercises like yoga, stretching, dancing, aerobic exercises, or even household errands.
Keep Your Mind Strong
It’s important to stay fresh and keep your mind strong during the pandemic. Or else, it will lead to distress and anxiety, and thus, a weak immune system.
So, make sure to:
- Recognize and accept your emotions while you’re staying home for a long time to avoid anxiety.
- Get enough and quality sleep to recharge your body and mind. Lack of sleep can lead to fatigue and tiredness.
- Connect with people to feel better.
- Practice meditation and mindfulness to relieve stress and reduce fear.
- Avoid excessive use of social media; avoid mindless scrolling to avoid stress.
- Avoid excessive news consumption during stressful times as it leads to increased fear, anxiety, and distress.
Consider Taking Multivitamins
During tough times, you need to take extra care of your mind and body so that your immune system stays strong. However, you may find it hard to avoid caffeine, drink plenty of water, or maintain a healthy diet.
In that case, consider adding a multivitamin supplement from a trusted brand like pêche to your diet. Our Diamond Glow Supplement is rich in vitamin A, B, C, and E and contains 15 natural extract ingredients. Moreover, it is BKKM, HACCP, and Halal certified, and you can easily mix it with your favorite drink.
Click here to learn more about Peche’s Diamond Glow Supplement or get one for yourself.